Monday, October 8, 2012

Getting it less wrong

I'll be honest.  I'm looking at some of my posts from the past few weeks and wondering just what I was thinking when I decided to start a blog.  Who am I kidding?  I'm not that great of an author.  Heck, I don't have anywhere near enough real-life experience to write about.

A friend of mine commented today that he wished he could go back and redo large portions of the component we'd just finished.  He had gone through a few advanced tutorials as he began framing our next project and learned a lot that we wished we could have known earlier.

This isn't a new story.  We learn throughout a project and want to start over before we're even finished. Even top programmers will discover new secrets as they explore the edges of the known.

Programming is about getting it less wrong, every time.

I guess that's why I'm still writing this blog.  You can't learn how not to do it if you don't start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment